This enables LINZ to comply with the requirement of section 57(4)(c) of the Public Works Act 1981 to issue, free of charge, to the registered owner a new title for the land not taken or acquired.
When LINZ registers a Gazette notice taking part of the land in a title for a road or other public work, we will automatically issue to the registered owner a new title for their remaining land with new appellations in terms of the survey plan under the Cadastral Survey Rules 2021.
Points to note:
- A customer lodging a Gazette notice will not have to lodge a request for a new title.
- LINZ will automatically issue a new title for the remaining land if it is shown as a new parcel in accordance with the Cadastral Survey Rules 2021.
- There will be no new title fee payable.
- If the existing title is Limited as to Parcels, then the new title for the remaining land will be Limited as to Parcels.
- The new title will describe the remaining land in terms of the new survey plan, e.g. Section 2 on Deposited Plan 123456.
- Accredited suppliers or others acting for public agencies should discuss with the registered owners that their title references and land descriptions will change when a Gazette notice is registered.