You can search for all regulatory documents using the Resources search (filter by 'Regulatory document').
- Cadastral Survey Rules 2021
The Cadastral Survey Rules 2021 are published on the New Zealand legislation website
- Standard for the lodgement of cadastral survey datasets – LINZS70000
Licensed cadastral surveyors must comply with this standard when lodging CSDs with LINZ for approval as to survey. It will also be used by LINZ staff when validating and approving CSDs for integration into the cadastre.
- Utility location standard
This Standard is intended to be used when defining the location of utility assets, such as when surveying an ‘as built’. It will enable the information to be accurately recorded in an Asset Management System.
- Standard for integration & provision of cadastral survey data - LINZS10003
This standard covers the requirements for integrating cadastral surveys into the cadastre (Landonline), the retention and maintenance of cadastral survey records, and providing access to cadastral survey data.
- Interim Standard for mark protection surveys (Canterbury Earthquake) - LINZS10004
This interim standard provides the Surveyor-General’s approval for the removal of survey marks for the purposes of post-earthquake reconstruction on land affected by the Canterbury Earthquake subject to survey mark protection requirements
- Use of Graphic Description Plans – OSG Policy 2000/2
The purpose of this policy is to achieve uniformity and accuracy in the graphical presentation for those areas of land, the boundaries of which are required to be defined for formal notification in the New Zealand Gazette or for other statutory purposes and for which no certificate of title will be required.
- Conservation Covenant Plans OSG Policy 2002/1
This policy is intended to achieve uniformity in the presentation of diagrams of conservation covenants, open space covenants, and Nga Whenua Rahui kawenata, negotiated under various statutes.
- Cadastral survey guidelines
Guidance on complying with the Cadastral Survey Rules 2021, related legislation, and meeting Landonline requirements for cadastral survey datasets.
- Interim guideline to aspects of survey requirements applicable to Māori land surveys - LINZG65703
The main purpose of this guideline is to provide guidance to the Māori Land Court on survey matters as they relate to Māori land surveys and the Rules for Cadastral Survey. This information will also be of assistance to licensed cadastral surveyors who carry out Māori land cadastral surveys.