While the process for completing a dealing has not changed, you will find differences in the look and feel, navigation and functionality of New Landonline.
All dealings created in New Landonline are fully actionable in Legacy Landonline. However, dealings created in Legacy Landonline will only be functional in New Landonline if we've developed the functions you're expecting to use.
You can still open a dealing with unsupported instruments, but you cannot add or edit the instruments. Other dealing actions like Certify and Sign, Release and Submit can still be actioned in these dealings where there are no attached images.
When you log in to:
- Legacy Landonline, your Workspace page displays with an expandable work tree.
- New Landonline, your Landing page displays with a My Dealings view and Firm Dealings view.
Not all features have been developed yet.
Customers associated with more than one firm
- In Legacy Landonline, at log on you can select a firm from the dropdown list of associated firms.
- In New Landonline, the application defaults to the firm you last logged in under. Change it to a different firm on your Landing page.
You can’t switch firms while in a dealing, so check you have selected the correct firm before creating a new dealing.
- In Legacy Landonline you can navigate through a dealing by using the workflow buttons at the bottom of the Create Dealing page. For example, A & I, Pre-validate, and Certify & Sign.
- In New Landonline navigate through a dealing by using the left-hand navigation panel. The step you’re in is highlighted in blue.
When creating a dealing
Adding affected titles
- In Legacy Landonline affected titles automatically add to each additional instrument added to a dealing.
- In New Landonline there is a button (the icon with the horizontal bars and plus sign) to add all previous affected titles to subsequent instruments.
- Legacy Landonline defaults to single role, which covers both the Mortgagor and Mortgagee. If the dealing is then opened in Landonline, the mortgage will continue to display as single role.
- In New Landonline there is no longer a single role option, so enter the representatives for the Mortgagor and the Mortgagee. We’ve introduced some pre-population to assist, since in most cases it will be the same Primary Contact and Conveyancing Professional.
Default PC and CP roles
- In Legacy Landonline check the Add default PCs and CPs box is selected before adding the first instrument.
- In New Landonline use the people icon at the end of each instrument role to populate your default roles.
Go to Legacy Landonline to set these preferences.
Dealing number allocation
- In Legacy Landonline the dealing number is allocated when the Create Dealing page is opened.
- In New Landonline the dealing number is allocated when a dealing is saved for the first time.
When preparing instruments
Open Prepare page
In Legacy Landonline, select the Prepare button in the Create Dealing page.
In New Landonline there are 3 ways to open the Prepare instrument page:
- If the instrument information is collapsed, use the hyperlink to open the Prepare instrument page.
- If the instrument information is expanded, use the Prepare button.
- Use the three-dot icon at the end of an instrument’s row and select Prepare instrument.
Table: New naming conventions
Some naming conventions have been updated when preparing instruments in New Landonline.
|Instrument impacted||Legacy Landonline||New Landonline|
|Transfer||All of Title mode||Simple mode|
|Transfer||Share/Interest and Part of Land/Complex modes||Complex mode|
|Transfer and Mortgage||Lease/Mortgage/Other mode||Instrument mode|
|Mortgage||Part of Land/Complex||Complex mode|
|All applicable instruments||Restore||Revert/Update|
- In Legacy Landonline there are 4 modes in which you can prepare a transfer – All of Title, Share/Interest, Part of Land/Complex, and Lease/Mortgage/Other.
- In New Landonline there are 3 modes:
- Simple is used for a full transfer of ownership.
- Complex mode has merged Share/Interest and Part of Land/Complex modes together and is used to transfer as to a share/interest in the title(s), when dealing with only part of the land, adding text or an image, and for third party transferors.
- Instrument mode (known as Lease/Mortgage/Other mode in Legacy Landonline) is used to transfer ownership of one or more mortgages, encumbrances, leases or other types of instrument.
- In New Landonline, when only transferring as to a share/interest, the remainder share (if any) is calculated for the transferor, based on the entered share being transferred.
- In Legacy Landonline there are Display Transferor, Display Transferee and Display Resulting Ownership buttons.
- In New Landonline, the Summary:
- automatically updates with the transferor and transferee details, with resulting ownership displaying upon save
- includes a pie chart to visually represent the resulting shares and/or interests for each transferee.
- In Legacy Landonline there are 3 sub-modes for the Lease/Mortgage/Other mode: Lease, Mortgage/Encumbrance, or Other.
- In New Landonline these sub-modes have been removed and the Instrument mode has been simplified to incorporate the details for all 3 sub-modes onto one page.
- In Legacy Landonline, select the Lease sub-mode to mortgage a lease.
- In New Landonline, manually enter the lease number into the Instrument number field.
- In Legacy Landonline click the Preview button to view an instrument’s preview.
- In New Landonline a dynamic Summary tab displays within the Prepare instrument page which automatically updates with some of the instrument information. Click the Preview instrument button in the Summary tab to see the full instrument preview (including any added text, certifications and signatures).
- In Legacy Landonline a separate window appears which confirms successful pre-validation. A message also displays in the bottom-left corner of the Create Dealing and Prepare pages.
- In New Landonline a green tick icon displays confirming successful pre-validation. Within an instrument’s Prepare instrument page, the Pre-validation tab will include a green tick icon to confirm successful pre-validation.
- In Legacy Landonline a pre-validation report generates in a separate printable report. A message also displays in the bottom-left corner of the Create Dealing and Prepare pages.
- In New Landonline at the dealing level, pre-validation warnings and errors are listed by instrument. Within an instrument’s Prepare instrument page, the pre-validation tab will set out the warnings or failures and include an orange icon to indicate warnings or a red icon for failures.
A & I form
- In Legacy Landonline you can edit the print preview.
- In New Landonline you can export PDF, editable *rtf or editable *Word files.
Preparing a Notice of Change of Ownership (NoC)
Instrument types that require a Notice of Change form to be completed
- In Legacy Landonline, the Notice of Change form provided by Landonline is available for 6 instrument types.
- In New Landonline, the Notice of Change form provided by Landonline will be able to be used for an additional 70 instrument types. This means that if an instrument provides for a change of ownership of a property, then the Notice of Change form in Landonline will be provided.
Opening a Notice of Change form when completing a dealing
- In Legacy Landonline, you can select the Add NoC button at the bottom of the relevant Prepare instrument page.
- In New Landonline, there are 3 different ways to open the Notice of Change for relevant instruments. You can:
- select the NoC icon in the left-hand dealing navigation bar
- select the Notice of Change button at the bottom of the Prepare instrument page
- select Notice of Change from the three-dot icon next to the dealing on your Landing page, or the three-dot icon next to the instrument in the Instrument and Roles section of your dealing.
Submitting a correction to a Notice of Change
- In Legacy Landonline, you cannot correct a Notice of Change after it has been submitted to a territorial authority.
- In New Landonline, you can correct a Notice of Change after it has been submitted to the territorial authority. Note that you will not edit the original Notice of Change. Instead, a new Notice of Change is created by duplicating the information from the previously submitted version. The corrected version is allocated a new Notice ID, and this form is marked as a ‘Correction to a Notice of Change’.
Preparing a new Notice of Change after the dealing has been registered
- In Legacy Landonline, you cannot prepare and submit a new Notice of Change to a territorial authority after the dealing has been registered.
- In New Landonline, you can prepare and submit a new Notice of Change after the dealing has been registered.
Preparing a tax statement
Look and feel
- In Legacy Landonline the content is based on the 2017 Tax Statement format but look and feel is dated.
- In New Landonline the content is based on the 2017 Tax Statement format, with a more intuitive and responsive user interface.
- In Legacy Landonline there is the full form only.
- In New Landonline there is a full form and new condensed one-page short form (data limits apply).
- In Legacy Landonline, validations run every time the form is saved, with pop up screens to advise of any failures
- In New Landonline, use the Check form button to run validations. If all validations pass, the form is automatically set to Complete. If the validations fail, errors will appear on the form which require information to be entered or updated.
- In Legacy Landonline the existing numbering remains.
- In New Landonline there is new numbering.
Print blank tax statement
- For Legacy Landonline the blank printable form (located on LINZ website) includes guidance notes in the same attachment.
- For New Landonline the blank printable form (located on LINZ website) includes a separate guidance notes attachment.
Certify and sign
Currently, you can only certify and sign instruments which do not contain any attachments or, Order for New Certificate of Title (OCTN). Continue to certify and sign these instruments in Legacy Landonline.
Instrument and certification display
- In Legacy Landonline each of the instruments and certifications appear in separate tabs in the Certify & Sign page.
- In New Landonline all instruments and their certifications appear on the same page (scroll down to the Certify & Sign page to view each).
- In Legacy Landonline mortgage roles default to single role, and certifications cover both the Mortgagor and Mortgagee.
- In New Landonline mortgage roles default to multi-role, and certifications are separated in respect of the Mortgagor and Mortgagee.
Choose digital certificate
- In Legacy Landonline, before entering your passphrase you need to locate your digital certificate if it’s not stored in the default C/: LINZ Certificates folder.
- In New Landonline, you must choose and link your digital certificate (DC) from your device to Landonline to certify and sign (only applicable the first time you sign a dealing and subsequently on your DC renewal).
Viewing dealing fees
Fees page access
- In Legacy Landonline the fees page is accessed within a dealing from the window toolbar: Dealing > Fees.
- In New Landonline the fees page is accessed within a dealing by selecting Fees from the dealing navigation bar.
Submit a dealing
Currently, you can only submit dealings which do not contain any attachments. To submit dealings that contain instruments with images attached you will need to use Legacy Landonline.
Indicative post-registration search fees
- In Legacy Landonline this is not applicable.
- In New Landonline, when submitting your dealing a summary of Indicative search fees can be viewed as a part of the total dealing fees your firm is responsible for.