Video: choose your digital certificate
Watch this video to learn how to choose your digital certificate in New Landonline - Dealings.
- For you to sign dealings, a connection must be made between the Landonline Dealings app and your current Digital Certificate (DC).
- Once this connection is made, your browser should remember the location of your DC each time you sign. We recommend using Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge.
- When your DC is renewed you will need to link your new DC to the Landonline Dealings application.
- Only DCs which are on the 2-year renewal cycle can be used to sign in the Landonline Dealings app.
What to do
- Select Choose DC.
- If you’ve never added your DC, such as if you’re a first-time Landonline user, select Choose Digital Certificate.
- If you’re replacing an existing DC, for example because your DC has just been renewed, then select Change Digital Certificate.
- A File Explorer/Finder window will open.
If your DC hasn’t been renewed onto a 2-year certificate, you will need to continue certifying and signing in Legacy Landonline. You can still view certifications in Landonline.
- Navigate to your DC file location.
- Navigate to the LINZ Certificates folder, which contains your DC. By default, this will be in your C:\ Drive > LINZ Certificates folder. However, it will depend on your computer.
- If you can’t find the LINZ Certificates folder, ask your firm’s Trusted Contact or your colleagues to find where certificates are normally stored.
- Select your current DC.
- Click once on the file (the file name should be your Landonline username) to highlight the Digital Certificate.
- Select Open.
- Select Open in the File Explorer/Finder window to choose your DC.
- Once you have uploaded a DC, File Explorer/Finder should automatically open in the correct folder the next time you need to upload or change a DC.
- If you try to upload the wrong certificate or an expired certificate, you’ll get an error message.