LINZ is committed to delivering procurement excellence to all stakeholders, customers and suppliers.
Our procurement team works with all suppliers to make sure products and services are procured in a way which best meets business need and that deliver the best value for money.
Our commitment to procurement excellence
We are committed to delivering procurement excellence both internally and externally, to all stakeholders, customers and suppliers.
We do this through:
- ongoing professional development of the core procurement team. The core procurement team are all MCIP-qualified (Members of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply) or studying towards MCIPs or similar qualifications. We commit to ethical training of our core staff.
- benchmarking our procurement processes against global best practice. The latest review was completed in April 2015.
Our procurement values
Our SMART (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time-bound) procurement philosophies underpin everything that we do, so we:
- can drive better decision-making
- encourage and support new approaches to create innovation
- embrace open communication and information sharing
- build enduring and appropriate relationships
- apply a common sense approach to everything we do.
Our procurement process
As a new or existing supplier to LINZ, it’s vital that you have all the right information about what it takes to work with us.
Government rules of sourcing
LINZ is mandated by the Government rules of sourcing.
Nature of goods and services procured
LINZ procures a number of highly specialised products and services for sea, land and Crown property.
Details of upcoming procurements can be found in the annual procurement plans published by MBIE.
If you have any questions, queries or complaints about our processes, please contact the procurement team.