- You can pre-validate an instrument at any time and as often as you want before submitting your dealing. This doesn’t incur any fees. Separate sets of business rules are also run at signing and submit.
- To pre-validate an instrument, you must be from a firm associated with the dealing and have the appropriate privileges.
- Only the results of the last pre-validation will appear in the instrument pre-validation report.
- If an instrument is deleted from a dealing, any current pre-validations will clear, so the dealing must be pre-validated again.
What to do
- Click Pre-validation in the Prepare instrument page.
- If the instrument passes pre-validation a green tick icon will appear.
- If the instrument fails pre-validation an orange or red icon will appear. Click the Pre-validation tab to see the instrument pre-validation report. This will display any Warnings or Failures.
- Click the Print report button to print the pre-validation report.
- If required, edit the instrument details, and repeat the previous step.
- Save the instrument details (located at the bottom right-hand corner of the page).
- Use Save to save the information and remain on the Prepare instrument page.
- Use Save & back to save the information and return to the Instruments & Roles page.