We have a range of resources to support you in transitioning from Legacy to New Landonline.
- Video: key features and navigation of the My Work page.
- Video: tour key features and navigation of a created survey.
- What's new in Survey for an update of the latest features added to New Landonline.
- Guidance resources on complying with the Cadastral Survey Rules 2021 (CSR 2021), related legislation, and meeting Landonline requirements for cadastral survey datasets (CSDs).
- Webinar: the basics to New Landonline survey capture
- Webinar: survey capture overview
- Webinar: manually capturing your dataset
Tips and tricks
There are a few things that aren't obvious when working in New Landonline, but will make your life easier for knowing them.
Working between Legacy and New Landonline
A survey will be locked in the following scenarios:
- where a user has opened a survey in the new Survey application first the survey will be locked in Legacy Landonline
- where a user has opened a survey in Legacy Landonline first the survey will be locked in the new Survey application
- where a user opens a survey in the new Survey application the survey will be locked so that no other user can work on the survey at the same time.
To release a locked survey, use the “Back to MyWork” button. Be careful NOT to select the browser back button as this could cause the survey to be locked for 20 minutes.
Column visibility button, Column dragging, width, etc.
Using the Column visibility button you are able to turn off and on columns. The column visibility settings will remain even when the panel is closed and re-opened.
In the panels with columns, you are able to re-order the columns by dragging them with your cursor. You can also change the width of the columns. The column order will be reset when the panel is closed and re-opened.
Automatic mark linking.
You can automatically link captured marks to existing Landonline marks. The automatic linking process attempts to link all captured marks not yet linked, by searching the space surrounding the captured mark. The extent of the search made is dictated by the spatial tolerance.
You can find the automatic mark linking icon next to the search bar in the Marks panel.
- manually link two or more marks to generally align the survey to existing Landonline information before using automatic linking; and
- choose the smallest appropriate tolerance to begin automatic linking and progressively increase the tolerance level to ensure correct mark links are achieved.
Manually changing CSD reference in the Marks panel.
If you have imported a LandXML with the incorrect CSD reference, the Marks panel will show an orange warning triangle for new marks.
- To change the CSD reference for those marks, select them and change the State to New. This will force the CSD reference to update the current new CSD reference.
- You can also change the CSD reference by manually typing the new CSD reference into the CSD reference field. When you start typing the CSD reference, a list will appear with suggested CSD references based on the typed content. When you finish typing in the new plan reference, the list will usually show one option being the new CSD reference but with LT as the plan type.
Please don't select the above option
- If you do, the CSD reference field will update to the LT reference but will still show an orange warning triangle with the pop-up message stating “For LT CSDs, new mark names should have the prefix of DP”.
- Instead hit Enter or Tab to select the manually entered DP reference. This will accept the manually typed DP reference.
Adoptions with multiple bearing adjustments/corrections to the one plan.
- Include the plan reference as a referenced CSD under the Survey details panel, Referenced CSDs tab, including the most common bearing correction for that dataset.
- For each vector adopted from that dataset, that bearing correction will automatically be added to the bearing correction field.
- Manually amend the bearing correction for the individual vector as appropriate.
If you go back and manually select the bearing source plan, the bearing correction will automatically be updated to the bearing correction listed in the Referenced CSD tab.