To find a Node ID for an existing mark
What to do
- Select the Layers icon from the toolbar on the right-hand side of the spatial view.
- Turn on the underlying marks from the Marks list.
- Select the Inspect and adopt icon from the toolbar on the right-hand side of the spatial view.
Link a captured mark by Node ID
What to do
Once you have the Node ID copied to the clipboard, or if the Node ID is known, you are ready to link a captured mark by Node ID.
- Open the Marks panel.
- Select the three-dot icon and then select Link by Node ID.
- A pop-up window will appear. In the Node ID field, type in the Node ID if known, or use CTRL+V (or right click and select Paste) to add the Node ID number. You can use the arrows, or arrow keys, to increase or decrease the node ID value by 1 number.
- Select Continue to continue, or Cancel to cancel the operation.
- If the node number is not valid, you see an error message. Enter the correct node ID number and select Continue again.
- If the Node number is valid, you see a pop-up message confirming the mark was successfully linked and the node will show as linked in the Marks panel.