Today the LINZ Data Service (LDS) website has been switched to a new user interface with loads of new features and improvements.
Visitors to our data website will instantly notice the new look and feel, as well as how easy it is to customise to your needs.
All the data that visitors to the site used and loved before remains, it just now comes with a fresher feel and additional features.
New features of the upgrade include:
- the ability to curate your own list of favourite datasets
- 3D data and visualisation capabilities
- the ability to create multiple map views
- the use of flexible workflows, like cropping on data viewing or export
- support for accessing data on mobile devices.
'The new interface is the first significant upgrade to the look and feel of the data service in several years and it’s really exciting to be able to launch it today,' says Aaron Jordan, Head of Location Information Toitū Te Whenua Land Information New Zealand.
'The time was right to upgrade the technology for a more modern experience for our users. New features are going to enhance how users interact with the site and better support the way they work.
'Being so customisable is going to be a game changer for LINZ Data Service users.'
The LINZ Data Service website has over 100,000 registered users, enjoying publicly available data for a wide range of uses.
Data available on the LINZ Data Service website includes:
- aerial imagery
- elevation data
- topographic data
- hydrographic data
- property, boundaries and title information
- place names, street addresses and roads
- Crown land and properties managed by Toitū Te Whenua.
Explore data.linz.govt.nz for yourself – its new features and workflows.
Comments or feedback? Contact the LINZ Data Service team: firstname.lastname@example.org