The NZ ENC Service is a subscription-based service providing mariners with access to free and regularly updated electronic navigational charts.
The service provides registered customers with authoritative ENCs for New Zealand waters, plus automated fortnightly update notifications, at no cost.
You will be able to subscribe to any of the six chart pack regions including:
- NZ01 New Zealand - North Island
- NZ02 New Zealand - South Island
- NZ03 New Zealand - North Island - Bay of Islands
- NZ04 New Zealand - North Island - Auckland Zone
- NZ05 New Zealand - Cook Strait
- NZ06 New Zealand - Inland Waters
- NZ07 South West Pacific
- NZ08 Ross Dependency, Antarctica.
Official ENCs for safety of navigation
The NZ ENC Service is provided by the New Zealand Hydrographic Authority (NZHA), located within Land Information New Zealand.
The NZHA is responsible for the provision of nautical charts and information for safe navigation in New Zealand’s surrounding sea and environs including official, up-to-date charts.
Using the NZ ENC Service
To use the service, you will need a navigation system which is configurable and compatible with International Hydrographic Organization (IHO) S-63 encryption.