Issues and what to check
If you can’t find the property records you want
If your search has returned no records and you want LINZ to conduct a search for you, you can request a manual search. Manual copies are more expensive – review the latest costs when you order.
- Go to the Request Manual Copy page.
- Complete the relevant fields (mandatory fields are marked with a red asterisk).
- Select the Place an order button.
Some titles are unable to be searched using Land Record Search as they are withheld under the Land Transfer Act 2017 or Family Violence Act 2018. If a title is withheld, the search will return a message that the title could not be displayed or does not exist. A manual copy should be requested.
If Land Record Search isn’t functioning as you expected.
- Check you are using a supported browser:
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
- Mozilla Firefox
- Check you are within the Landonline hours of operation.
- Check it isn’t a public holiday – Land Record Search is unavailable on New Zealand public holidays.
- Check your internet connection.
If you don’t have an email address, or credit or debit card to make payment.
To use Land Record Search, you must have both an email address and a credit or debit card to purchase property records.
If you haven’t received your property records within 24 hours.
- Check your junk or spam folder in your email account.
- Locate your order reference number and contact our Customer Support team on 0800 665 463 (within New Zealand) or +64 7 974 5595 (international callers only), or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can track the order using your reference number or email address.
If you notice any of this content is incorrect or not up-to-date, please contact our support team at email@example.com.
If possible, please provide a screenshot or link to the page.