In this edition:
- Our holiday hours and services availability
- Lapsing caveats over the Christmas / New Year period this year
- Check your Landonline details
- Attention Trusted Contacts and System Administrators!
- New Landonline to introduce multi-factor authentication
- Landonline privacy statement
- Have a great holiday and a happy New Year
Our offices and services will have reduced availability over the Christmas period.
Both New and Legacy Landonline will be unavailable from 7pm Sunday, 24 December 2023 until 6am Wednesday, 3 January 2024.
Our contact centre will be closed from 5pm on Friday, 22 December 2023 and will reopen at 8am on Wednesday, 3 January 2024.
Our Wellington, Christchurch and Hamilton office receptions will be closed from 12pm on Friday, 22 December 2023 and will reopen at 9am on Wednesday, 3 January 2024.
All Landonline users
If you or your client receives a notice of lapse of caveat or notice of claim in the lead-up to the Christmas period this year, you’ll need to act quickly to avoid the caveat or notice of claim lapsing.
As the year comes to a close, we encourage you to ensure you have a healthy Landonline account to kick off 2024.
Our top four tips:
- Check your version of Citrix Workspace is up to date. Running the current version reduces the risk of potential security threats. The minimum supported version is 184.108.40.206. To update, follow these steps.
- Check your Landonline contact information and update anything that is missing or incorrect
- Use our password management guide to ensure passwords are strong. If you’re a Legacy Landonline user, you can enable ‘forgot my password’ functionality by following these steps.
- Download our new Remote Access Tool which ensures faster assistance when seeking help from our customer support contact centre. To download, go to step 6 here.
If someone has left your firm and are still a user in your account, we recommend removing them from your account by using this form.
Early next year, we’re introducing multi-factor authentication (MFA) to New Landonline – a widely accepted industry standard that increases security.
We will start with a small pilot, followed with a firm-by-firm rollout over subsequent months.
Users will get an MFA prompt at login, meaning they’ll need to enter a verification code as well as their Landonline ID and password. The verification code will need to be entered from either:
- an approved authentication application (Microsoft or Google)
- a text sent to a registered mobile device
- a call made to a registered mobile device.
All New Landonline users must have access to a mobile device to access the authentication application, or be able to receive the text or call for the verification code.
MFA will not be required for Legacy Landonline access – digital certificates will continue to be the authentication method for this.
Look out for more information in 2024.
We’re making updates to the Landonline privacy statement and are required to provide 30 days’ notice of change. This period started on 28 November 2023 when we emailed users about the proposed changes.
The changes relate to updating the use of data accessed from the Toitū Te Whenua website and Landonline application. We’re proposing to update the cookie section to include:
- using cookies to provide personalised services
- collecting non-identifiable information for remarketing on online advertising platforms and to present users with relevant advertising about Landonline.
If you have feedback on the proposed changes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 28 December 2023. The new Landonline privacy statement will take effect on 15 January 2024 unless we state otherwise on the news section of the Toitū Te Whenua website.
Wishing you and your whānau a relaxing and happy holiday. We look forward to working with you again in 2024.
Our next Landwrap newsletter will be published in early February.
Subscribe to receive future editions of Landwrap.