The app is for anyone with an interest in locating geodetic and other important survey marks, including:
- surveyors and other spatial professionals who use geodetic marks in their surveys
- contractors who need to identify and protect survey marks near their works
- trampers and other recreationalists who wish to find out more about trig stations they visit
- land owners who are interested in the survey marks on their property.
In the new version of the app, you can:
- find geodetic marks and other key non-boundary survey marks
- navigate to marks using compass and distance, or Google Maps
- access mark details, access diagrams and photos
- submit updated mark details and photos to Toitū Te Whenua
- advise Toitū Te Whenua of mark maintenance issues
- create and save mark groups
- add your own marks
- identify distance to nearby PositioNZ GNSS CORS stations
- toggle display between horizontal and vertical marks
- filter displayed marks by coordinate order and beacon type.