Extracts are corrected according to changes notified in Notices to Mariners (NtMs), so they may be more up-to-date than the printed Almanac.
Website content updated by NtMs will be amended by the NtM publish date. Extracts provided in PDF format from the New Zealand Nautical Almanac are page numbered accordingly.
Where information from the New Zealand Nautical Almanac (NZ 204) is downloaded, reproduced, derived or copied from Land Information New Zealand material the following acknowledgement note should be shown on the product and associated media:
"Sourced from Land Information New Zealand, Crown Copyright Reserved."
- True bearing of the sun at sunrise and sunset
- Planet visibility.
Moonrise & moonset tables
- Waitangi, Chatham Island
Sunrise & sunset tables
- Auckland, Bluff, Dunedin, East Cape, Gisborne, Lyttleton
- Napier, Nelson, New Plymouth, North Cape, Picton, Puysegur Point
- Tauranga, Timaru, (Waitangi, Chatham Islands), Wellington, Westport, Whangarei.
- An introduction to tides
- The cause and nature of tides
- Tides around New Zealand
- Analysis and prediction
- Meteorological effects
- Making Sea level measurements
- Definitions of tidal terms
- Tide predictions
- Te Aumiti / French Pass tidal stream predictions
- Tory Channel / Kura te Au entrance tidal stream predictions
- Standard Port tide tables
- Secondary Port tide tables
- How to calculate tide times & heights
- Standard Port datum descriptions
- Standard Port tidal levels
- Standard Port periods of observation
- General information sheet about New Zealand lights
- North Island Lights List
- South Island Lights List
- Chatham Islands Lights List.
Annual Notices to Mariners are standing notices issued each year in the Almanac.
- New Zealand harbour masters
- New Zealand port operators.
Mariners are requested to advise the New Zealand Hydrographic Authority of the discovery of new or suspected dangers to navigation, or shortcomings in charts or publications.
Coastal Distances Table
LINZ accepts no liability for any direct, indirect, consequential or incidental damages that result from any errors in the information, whether due to LINZ or a third party, or that arise from the use, or misuse, of the information available from this page.